About 31 percent of our country’s population lives in cities. According to Census 2011 data, 63 percent of the population living in cities contributes to the gross domestic products. Smart City Scheme is also going to change in the upcoming days. By 2030, the population of cities will reach 40% of the population, under which this figure will reach 75% in India’s GDP.
In such a situation, we need new inventions in physics, social, health and infrastructure. Smart city scheme is a good step in this direction to improve all these areas and to fulfill all kinds of facilities, etc. to attract investors to cities.
The Smart City Mission was launched by the current Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 June 2015. The aim of which is to modernize 100 cities within the country. Where the premise for the citizens is to develop ghost facilities and create a clean sustainable environment.
Basic features coming in Smart City
- Adequate water supply in all the cities selected under the Smart City Scheme.
- Adequate power supply in the cities to be selected under this scheme.
- Digitization and strong IT connectivity in all the cities coming under the Smart City Scheme.
- Providing modern medical facilities to the people in the cities covered under this scheme so that they can get the right treatment on time.
- To get good education for the future of children in all the cities covered under this scheme, to build good school colleges and improve the education system in old educational institutions.
- To build good housing for the people in the cities selected under the Smart City Scheme, especially for the poor people who are living their lives in the slum.
- Under this scheme, to build a good environment by picking new trees and planting in selected cities.
Must Read : What is Share Market ?
Benefits of smart city
- Whichever big city is in the country, all the facilities are there, whether it is changing technology or strong medical facilities or level of education.
- In such a situation, with the introduction of smart cities in each state, the number of cities with modern facilities will increase.
- The formation of smart cities in each of the states will also go a long way in the development of the villages around it.
- By becoming a smart city within the country, new companies will arise here, which will make it easier for people to get employment.
- By becoming a new city inside the country, investors will be attracted to them, which will open new employment opportunities here.
For Smart Solutions, 13 projects worth ₹241 crore have been completed, 43 projects worth ₹2,834 crore are under progress, further tenders have been issued for 25 projects worth ₹2,756 crore.#TransformNation pic.twitter.com/97JlKar7BV— Smart Cities Mission (@SmartCities_HUA) January 4, 2018
Must Read : What is Make in India mission ?
Some Important Criteria for Smart City
- The cities selected by the smart city should have 24-hour power and water facilities.
- There should be proper transport facility in the cities constructed through this scheme.
- Under the Smart City Mission, there should be proper classification of roads under which pavements and vehicle paths should be properly constructed.
- Under this scheme, there should be high-tech transportation for people. Public traffic should be accessible.
- There should be greenery in the city to give a good boost to this scheme.
- Under this scheme, to provide digital facilities to the cities, it is necessary to have WiFi signal in the entire city.
- There will also be a smart police station to protect people in cities.
- Citizen’s safety is also an important point under which cities are necessary to be safe.
- If it is a matter of smart city and there is filth everywhere, then it is not a good thing for every citizen living in the cities.
- Therefore, there should be proper arrangement for handling garbage in the cities.
- Under this scheme, proper arrangement of education in cities is also mandatory.
Also Read : what is digilocker
Number of Smart City Cities fixed in states
Number Name of State Number of Cities
|Number of smart city
|Number of smart city
|Jammu and Kashmir
Names of cities selected for smart city
|Dadra Nagar Haveli
|Hubballi – Dharwad
|New Town Kolkata
must read : What is Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
What cities should be eligible for smart city scheme
- To transform any city into a smart city, at least 15 percent of the area should be for the educational institution.
- To build a good smart city, it is necessary to have at least one college for 1.25 lakh population.
- For a good education of children in a good smart city, it is mandatory to have a university, a medical college, a paramedical college, an engineering college for a population of 10 lakh.
Must Read: What is diksha portal
- Availability of electricity supply and water in smart city should be continuous for 24 hours and 7 days.
- Any city can be converted into a smart city only when there is proper management of people’s traffic. So that they can easily move from one place to another and people need to have at least 2 meter wide footpaths for walking.
- To transform cities into smart cities, the quality of the roads there must be very good and it must be renewed from time to time.
- A good smart city can be built only if there is no slum there, so how much beautification can you do in the cities and there is a slum all around, then it is useless. So in such a situation, construction of houses is necessary for the economically weaker people.
- An emergency ambulance should be arranged at any time to protect people in a smart city.
Thanks to the collaboration between public & private entities, Smart Cities Mission has come a long way in these 7 years.— Smart Cities Mission (@SmartCities_HUA) June 15, 2021
118 Public-Private Partnership Projects have been completed in India under the Mission.#7YearsOfSeva #TransformingUrbanLandscape pic.twitter.com/7NEcRd17Uz
Also Read : What is Save Daughter Educate Daughter ?
Smart city development budget
Smart city scheme is a scheme launched by the central government, in which about 48 thousand crore rupees will be spent by the central government in five years and the same amount will be spent by all the state governments on the development of the selected cities in their states, so that this budget will be quite It becomes Rs 200 crore for development in the cities selected by the central government in the year 2015 and Rs 100 crore each year for the next four years.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!