The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was started by the current Prime Minister Narendra Modi, whose main objective is to keep the streets, roads and society clean and spread awareness about cleanliness so that half the diseases caused by dirt can also be eliminated.
This campaign was started on 2 October 2014, the day of the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi has made a huge contribution to the independence of our country, due to which he freed the country from the slavery of the British. Gandhiji always insisted on cleanliness. They used to say that God lives in cleanliness.
His dream of a clean India had remained incomplete because of giving independence to the country! Gandhiji used to give education to the people of the country to maintain cleanliness in the country. So that we can build a clean nation and become an example for other countries.
- Scheme Name: Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Who started the scheme: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Official website: https://swachhbharatmission.gov.in/
- Which year the scheme was started: 2014
- Campaign slogan: a step towards cleanliness
Introduction to Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a mission to make the country completely clean. To make this mission successful, the government has built 1.2 million new toilets in rural areas of the country at a cost of Rs. 1.96 lakh crore till the 150th anniversary of Gandhiji. Construction is to make the country free from open defecation! The government has kept this target till 2 October 2019.
Some big companies have also come together to make this mission a success. These companies will jointly build 3195 new toilets in the country by May 2015, 14 companies including Tata Consultancy Services, Mahendra Group and Rotary International will participate in this mission.
Thousands of people inside the country do the work of cleaning human excreta, then you can understand how many toilets are needed inside the country to make the country clean.
Also Read : What is Aadhar Card ?
Why was this campaign started ?
Even after seven decades of independence, there is no toilet in every house of our country, it is very sad to tell you that people are still facing open defecation problem inside the country. The largest population of India still lives in the villages.
According to a report, more than 72 percent of the country’s population is still forced to defecate along the roads, in the fields, behind the bushes. Due to which the incidence of untimely deaths of children in the country, infections, and the birth of new diseases and rape of girls who have been deserted for defecation are increasing.
According to the 2011 census, the population of the country is 121 crore, in which 55 percent people do not have toilets. In most villages and cities, people living in slum slums also have neither dry nor water facilities, due to which the dirt is increasing in the cities too! To overcome this type of problem, there is a need to construct toilets on a large scale within the country at this time.
Just like the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Smart City Scheme which also focus on the Development of India.
Must Read : What is Smart Cities Mission
List of cleanest cities in India
On 15 February 2016 the list of cleanliness rankings of some major cities of the country was released by the Government of India. Cities with a population of over 1 million were surveyed to see how clean or dirty these cities were
- Indore (Cleanest city for three consecutive times)
- New Delhi
- Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
- Surat (Gujarat)
- Rajkot (Gujarat)
- Gangtok (Sikkim)
- Pimpri Chinchwad (Maharashtra)
- Greater Mumbai (Maharashtra)
Must Read: What is Bihar Apna Khata ?
Brand Ambassador of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Big celebrities took part to support Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. The responsibility of promoting this campaign was given to eleven people, which are as follows: –
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Baba Ramdev
- Salman Khan
- Anil Ambani
- Priyanka Chopra
- Shashi Tharoor
- Mridula Sinha
- Kamal Hassan
- Virat Kohli
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- The entire team of ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ serial
Also Read : What is Startup India
What is the main objective of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan ?
- To prevent open defecation of all the people living inside the country, due to which, thousands of children die every year due to new diseases.
- To make the country open defecation free, about 1. 2 collective toilets will be constructed, which will cost 1 lakh 96 thousand crores.
- To change the mindset of the people by using proper sanitation within the country
- Promote toilet use to more and more people in the country and initiate public awareness.
- Keeping rural areas clean in the country. So that no new diseases arise there
- Providing water facilities to all households within the country by 2019, providing water through pipelines in rural areas where there is no water so that sanitation remains within the country!
- Keeping all roads, footpaths and settlements inside the country clean.
- To create awareness about cleanliness among people within the country through cleanliness.
Also Read : – What is Khelo India Youth Games
Why is there a need for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in the country ?
People should have a clear goal when starting any mission! It is very important for people to realize this for physical, mental, social and intellectual welfare, only then any goal can be achieved. To strengthen the social and economic condition of the country, a cleanliness drive is needed in every field! Not necessary, dirt can only be on the mind too.
- There is no such place inside the country! Where the dirt is not spread. Every city, every village, every locality in the country is full of filth.
- Due to lack of toilets in rural areas of the country, people are still forced to defecate in the open! Because of which dirt is increasing from place to place! And this filth gives rise to new diseases.
- All the rivers and rivulets of cities and villages in the country are also full of garbage! As if garbage flows instead of water in them.
- Seeing the increasing filth in the country, the tourists coming from abroad have also reduced their arrival! Which has also impacted the country’s economic condition.
- Apart from humans, animals and animals have also suffered a lot due to the increase of dirt in the country! Due to which the number of fauna has decreased significantly.
- This thing is very important for all the people of the country, that all the people of the country should build toilets in their homes so that the policy of open defecation can be ended.
Also Read : How to get home loan from India Bulls
Clean India Campaign Challenge
- According to the Central Pollution Control Board, 47 million tonnes of solid waste is produced in India’s urban areas every year! Apart from this, it has also been reported that more than 75 percent of sewage is not disposed of and recycling of solid waste is also a major problem. We all need to take big steps today to tackle these issues to avoid big problems in future!
- Another big challenge in the country is to change people’s thinking. How long will the people of our country learn not to throw garbage on the road? Or when will people learn to keep themselves and their area clean?
- Lack of cleanliness is a major challenge in rural areas of the country. The problem of lack of cleanliness is so serious! Is it a surprise that by 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji’s target will be fulfilled?
Also Read : What is Save Daughter Educate Daughter ?
Some of the key slogans of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- We all have this dream, be a clean India.
- Clean city, green city, this is my dream city.
- Cleanliness is to make oneself clean and self-evident is to establish its identity in the whole world.
- Clean India, Green India
- Neither will you mess, nor will you let me..
- One step towards cleanliness, etc.
Also Read : What is MNREGA Scheme
You are also said to be responsible for the increasing dirt inside the country because we sometimes knowingly or inadvertently throw garbage due to which the dirt is increasing in the country! This is why the environment inside the country is also becoming polluted! So right now we all need to make the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan a success! If all of us give every Indian our own part in making this mission a success, then we can build a clean India nation.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!