The Udyogini Scheme was initiated for Women Entrepreneurship by the government and for the development and welfare of women, they have initiated various schemes. The “Women Development Corporation” has implemented and started the Udyogini Scheme.
Udyogini Scheme or Yojana
The meaning of the word “Udyogini” is women, “entrepreneur” this scheme provides loans to women who aspire to start their career as an entrepreneur, especially from rural and undeveloped areas. The scheme helps illiterate women in the rural areas of the country to support them financially.
Features of the Udyogini Scheme
- The scheme offers a High-Value Loan Amount to all the applicants and they can avail loans up to Rs. 3 Lakhs which was before Rs. 1 Lakhs, provided they have to meet the eligibility criteria.
- This scheme also offers Training for Skill Development of women regarding pricing, feasibility, planning of the business, costing, etc including financial support as well.
- To make the repayment of the loans easy for women the government proposes up to 30% of subsidy on the loans extended in the scheme.
- In the Udyogini Yojana, the evaluation process of the application form guarantees a transparent assessment for the selection of the beneficiary.
- The Udyogini Scheme offers loans to all businesses which are categorized under 88 small-scale industries. Here are some of them: fairtrade shops, libraries, bakeries, readymade garments, fish stalls, tailoring shops, groceries, mutton shops, sari, and embroidery, etc.
Do You Know : What is MSME Loan
Karnataka – Udyogini Yojana
The Udyogini scheme was launched in Karnataka by the (KSWDC) Karnataka State Women Development of Corporation and they aimed to implement and promote self-employment providing subsidy loans to women who want to start their careers.
Benefits of Udyogini Yojana
- Under this scheme, more than 7048 women entrepreneurs are supported.
- A total of 1698 villages have been covered till now.
- 5434 children have been supported by this scheme.
Also Read : What is Startup India
Objectives of the Udyogini Yojana
- It provides interest-free loans.
- It provides skill development to women.
- It provides women financial support who want to start their business.
- It prevents women from going to private money lenders.
Do You Know : What is Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
The Eligibility Criteria to apply for a loan under Udyogini Scheme
- Gender: Woman
- Annual Family Income: Rs. 1.5 Lakhs or less
- Age Criteria: Minimum age should be 18 years and maximum 55 years
- For Widow and Disabled Women: there is no age limit
- Collateral: not required
Also Read :- Stree Shakti Package
- Aadhar Card
- 2 Passport Size Photos
- Income Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- BPL Card Photocopy
- Ration Card
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ST)
- Photocopy of Bank Passbook
The aim is very secular to motivate, assist and make aware women from the backward areas, the government had launched the Udyogini Scheme.
Must Read :- Mahila Samridhi Yojana
Through training in skill development and financial assistance the government specifically supports all the poor and illiterate women from rural areas and how they can start their own business.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!