Mahila Samridhi Yojana or Women Prosperity Scheme, this is the best suited name for that scheme which is our today’s point of talk. Because this scheme actually brings prosperity in women’s lives. This happens because if women become financially strong then they will be more prosperous than ever.
Many schemes for women arrived and departed before this scheme. But in all of them a women’s family was also included, like the Ujjawala scheme. But this is the first scheme, at least in my point of view, in which a woman will get benefits for just herself, not for her entire family. So let’s take a look at this.
Introduction of the Mahila Samridhi Yojana
Indian government started this scheme for the women of rural india. In this scheme any women above 18 from rural areas can open a savings account in the nearest post office. After that she has to deposit three hundred rupees annually in this account.
The notable thing here is that the amount does not exceed the 300 rupees. Government will give a massive amount of interest on this deposited amount which is 24% annually. This scheme was started way back on October 2nd 1993.
Eligibile women for Mahila Samridhi Yojana
- Any woman above 18 can take advantage of this scheme.
- Only women from rural areas can join this scheme.
Required documents for Mahila Samridhi Yojana
- Any IDproof authorized by the Indian government.
- Residential certificate
- If you have an Aadhar card then no other documents are required.
Also read : Save Daughter Educate Daughter scheme
Benefits of the Mahila Samridhi Yojana
- Very first benefit of this is that the financial condition of rural area’s women will improve.
- This is a very good chance for improving their financial condition for those women who come from BPL families.
- After this women will be encouraged for financial activities because now they have all resources for it like time, labour and most important money.
- This will encourage women for financial activities because now they have some funds in their hand.
- Women can live more freely because now financially they are not dependent on anyone.
Must Read : PM Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
Important facts related to Mahila Samridhi Yojana
- Under this scheme a woman can deposit minimum 4 rupees to maximum 300 rupees.
- A woman can withdraw its deposited amount at any time.
- They can withdraw from their account twice in a year but the withdrawing amount must be multiplied by the 4.
- A woman can nominate anyone for her account.
- This account is a non transferable account so a woman cannot transfer her account to any other woman.
- A woman cannot open more than one account under this scheme.
- If a woman changes her address then she has to open a new account instead of her older one.
This is the end of this article. If you liked it then share it and if you have any thought or suggestion in your mind then what are you waiting for come on comment us.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!