Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana 2023
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana is a development plan of the central government of India. This scheme was launched in 2000 by that time’s Prime Minister of India.
After that, this scheme was implemented in three phases. But its main motive is to make rural transport connectivity better never changed.
The first phase of this scheme was started in December 2000. The second phase was launched in 2013 and the most recent and third phase was started in 2019. Under this scheme, the government builds roads where there is a lack of them and repairs them which need repairing.
The cost of this scheme is borne by both the state and central governments. The ratio of the cost is 60% by the central government and 40% by the state government. In hilly areas and northeastern states, this is changed to 90:10 respectively.
Official information of the scheme
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana|
|Launched by||Late Mr. Atal Bihari Bajpayee (Former PM of India)|
|Aim||Making rural transport connectivity better and |
bettering rural infrastructure
|Beneficiary||Every person living in rural parts of India|
What is Setu Bharatam? Why it is so popular?
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana
- Due to this scheme connectivity of rural and urban India is better than ever.
- Because of road connectivity, farmers will also get benefits as they can sell their crops more easily and fresh and get a better price for their crops.
- After better road connectivity, medical facilities will be easily available to the rural areas.
- Many mountainous and hilly states like Jammu Kashmir Uttarakhand and Northeastern states can now connect in a better way with the rest of India. Also, these are the states that need help for making their rural basic infrastructure good.
- Due to this scheme, we can grow many green belts on the side of roads built under this scheme and make the environment less toxic.
|Phone numbers||011 26716930 / 011 26716936|
National rural Infrastructure development agency, ministry of rural development, govt of India
NBCC Tower, 5th Floor, Bhikaji Cama, Rama Krishna Puram, New Delhi, Delhi 110066
This is the end of the article. I hope you liked it. And if you liked it then share it and if you have any kind of thought or suggestion then here is the comment box.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!