The state government of West Bengal has again come up with a new scheme this time to help all the farmers of the state. The ‘West Bengal Krishak Bandhu Scheme’ has been launched by the Department of Agriculture and the government. This scheme is going to benefit all the citizens of the state who are from farm household families and all the Krishaks by providing them financial assistance.
Now you can also get all the information regarding the Krishak Bandhu Scheme on its official online portal. Also, in today’s article get all the necessary information about this scheme: the eligibility criteria, get the application form, what all documents are needed, how farmers can get financial help from the government, etc. so keep on reading to know more about the scheme.
Table of Contents
|Scheme Name||Krishak Bandhu Scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||All the farmers of the state|
About Krishak Bandhu Scheme
The Krishak Bandhu Scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee in the year 2019. The aim behind launching this scheme was to provide monetary support to all the farmers of the state. This scheme was re-launched on 17th June 2021 by the Chief Minister itself. And this time the financial assistance has been doubled.
Previously when the scheme has launched the farmers used to get Rs. 5,000 for the landholding of one acre or more every year. In 2021 when the scheme was relaunched increased financial support to all the farmers would be provided. This means now they’ll get Rs. 10,000 for the landholding of one acre or more of cultivable land every year.
All those farmers who have land below one acre would get Rs. 4,000 instead of Rs. 2,000 per year. And under the Krishak Bandhu Scheme if any farmer dies within the age limit of 60 years then that farmer would also be provided a death benefit of Rs. 2,00,000.
Benefits of the Krishak Bandhu Scheme
- The main benefit of the Krishak Bandhu Scheme is that every farmer would get financial assistance and that way they don’t have to depend on anyone else. Also Read : West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
- Through this scheme, all the farmers will get a total of Rs. 10,000 per year for the landholding of one acre or more.
- Under this scheme, life cover insurance (which would be given if the farmer dies accidentally) would also be given of Rs. 2,00,000 to all the applicants.
- For the Krishak Bandhu Scheme a budget of Rs. 3,000 crore has been decided to implement for this scheme.
- The insurance of crop cover will be provided of Rs. 5,000 in two installments to all the applicants. Duare Sarkar Camp List
Two Components of the Scheme
- There are two components Assured Income and Death Benefit of the Krishak Bandhu Scheme of West Bengal:
- Assured Income: under the scheme of Assured Income all the selected applicants for the scheme would get financial assistance. All those farmers with landholding of one or more acres would get Rs. 5,000 for both Rabi and Kharif seasons.
- Death Benefit: under this scheme of death benefits the farmer’s family would get the life insurance cover of Rs. 2,00,000 even in the case of death due to suicide. And all those farmers whose age is between 18-60 years can get new insurance policy benefits. Also Read : Student Credit Card Scheme : Government of West Bengal
The process to Login to the Portal
Firstly, you need to visit the official website of Krishak Bandhu.
- Then go to the homepage of the website and select the option of ‘about Krishak Bandhu’.
- Over there you need to select the ‘login’ option and enter your username and password.
- Lastly, select the option of ‘login’ and you’ll get logged in on the online portal of the Krishak Bandhu Scheme.
Process of Registration for the Scheme
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of Krishak Bandhu.
- After that go to the homepage of the website and select the option of ‘about Krishak Bandhu’.
- Now you need to select the ‘login’ option and then select the ‘signup’ option.
- Then a new page would open wherein you need to fill in all the required details carefully and then select the ‘submit’ option.
Now you need to ‘log in’ on the portal using your credentials, your username, and password.
- Then you need to select ‘Krishak Bandhu Scheme’ and your application form would appear on your screen.
- After that, you’ve to enter all the required information and also you need to attach all the necessary documents with your application form.
- Lastly, select the option of ‘submit’, and this way you’ll get successfully registered.
Procedure for Downloading Death Benefit Form
- Browse the official website of Krihshak Bandhu.
- Then on the homepage from the search options search for ‘death benefit claim form’ there.
- Download the form and take a printout of that application form.
- After that, you need to fill in all the necessary details in the application form.
- You’ll have to attach all the other required documents with the form.
- Lastly, submit the application form to the Assistant Director of Agriculture of your concerned block of your district.
The applicant needs to be a farmer.
The applicant has to be between the age of 18-60 years.
The applicant needs to be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Aadhar Card
- Krishak Bandhu Card
- Identity proof
- Death certificate
- Self-declaration of the applicant
- Declaration by the guardian for the minor claimant
Phone Number: 8336957298, 6291720406
Email Address: email@example.com
(Timings: 10 am to 6 pm)
So, this was all for this article. We’ve tried giving all the detailed information for West Bengal’s Krishak Bandhu Scheme. A great initiative to help all the farmers of the state and provide them with financial support.
We hope that this piece of information would have been helpful to all of you. In case of any other queries drop them in the comments and we’ll surely answer. Thank you!
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!