For the development of all working women, especially those who belong to backward society, the ‘Amma two-wheeler scheme’ has been launched. To empower all working women and enable them to buy women-friendly two-wheelers at a fair price.
Through this scheme, women can easily travel to their workplaces. The main aim of the Amma two-wheeler scheme is ‘ease of use’ so only auto-geared or geared vehicles are going to be included in this scheme. For all the differently-abled, three-wheeled retrofitted vehicles would be made available as well.
So, today we are going to give all the insights regarding the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme, how you can apply, eligibility criteria, schemes, etc.
|Scheme Name||Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched by||The state government of Tamil Nadu|
|Beneficiaries||All the residents of Tamil Nadu (Women)|
About Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme 2023
This scheme of Amma two-wheeler was launched by the honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi in February 2018. This is an initiative by the state government of Tamil Nadu to help and empower women especially all those who are financially backward.
Under this scheme, all the women of Tamil Nadu can avail of discounts on the purchase of a two-wheeler which would be of 50% maximum or Rs. 25,000 whichever will be lower. And the remaining amount has to be borne by the candidate either from their fund or they can take a loan from the bank. And also, special three-wheeler retrofitted vehicles would be provided to all the differently-abled women as well.
Must Read: Tamil Nadu Marriage Registration
Benefits of the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme 2023
- This scheme is applicable for all women from all rural as well as urban areas of Tamil Nadu.
Through this scheme, a subsidy of 50% or Rs. 25,000 whichever would be lower will be provided and the free fund from the government for purchasing the Amma scooter.
- Subsidies to everyone will be directly credited to their bank accounts.
- A total of up to 1 lakh women will get benefited every year through the Amma two-wheeler scheme.
- A three-wheeler retrofitted scooter would be provided to all the differently-abled women of Tamil Nadu.
Must Read: Tnreginet Registration
Specifications of Amma Two-Wheeler
- Engine capacity
- Not more than 125 ccs
- Under the motors vehicle act of 1988
- Should comply under the latest guidelines
- Manufacturing date
- On or after 1st January 2018
Must Read: TN Treasury ePayslip
- Below was given are the eligibility criteria where you can see if you are eligible for applying for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:
- The age of the candidate should be 18 or more and 40 or less.
- The annual income of the candidate should not be more than Rs. 2,50,000.
- The candidate in education should have at least appeared for the class 8th examination (passed/failed).
- Lastly, the candidate should have a valid two-wheeler driving license or learner’s license.
Who all are the Eligible Beneficiaries?
There is also a list of beneficiaries apart from the eligibility criteria. So, you can check below about the beneficiaries for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:
Must Read : Telangana Unemployment Allowance Scheme
- All the women who are covering long distances.
- All the women who are individually or collectively as a whole group actively engaged in for a livelihood wage or activity employment.
- All the women are registered under unorganized or organized sectors.
- All the women whose earnings are the only primary source of income in their family.
- All the self-employed women are included in petty trades.
- All the ASHA workers and baking facilitators or banking correspondents.
- All the women who are either on daily wages, on a contract build employment aided organizations, consolidated salary, any government projects, or any community-based organization like village poverty reduction committees, panchayat level federations, Mavatta Makkal Kattral Maiyam.
- Also Read : DPMS Telangana
- Proof of age
- Driving license or learner’s license
- Proof of residence
- Proof of appearance of 8th examination or educational qualification
- Proof of employment in case of wage employment or salaried
- An income certificate is required
- Passport size photo
- The ID of differently-abled
- Aadhar card
- Proof for establishing your membership of priority category
- Proforma invoice of the vehicle or invoice quotation
Must Read : CDSE Telangana
Procedure for Applying for the Scheme
- All the application forms would be made available at all the Urban local body offices, Block offices, and to all the candidate’s collectors at no cost.
- Candidates can also download the application forms from the official website and fill them out.
- There will be no application fee collected from the candidate for the application form.
All the application forms need to be filled in by the candidates and submitted to the Urban local bodies or Block offices.
- Also, a unique application number would be given to each candidate’s application form which will contain RLB/ULB code.
- The candidate can either submit the application form in person or through a speed post.
- Also Read : Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme
Phone number: 91-44-28173412
Fax number: 91-44-28173409
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Address: Mother Teresa Women’s Complex-I Floor, ValluvarKottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai-600 034, Tamil Nadu, India. Also Read : Telangana Meeseva Portal
So, this was all about the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme and how this initiative of the state government is going to benefit so many working women of the Tamil Nadu state. We have tried to include all the necessary information in this article.
We hope all this detailed information was helpful for you all and in case of any other queries feel free to ask in the comments. Thank you!
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!