Like all the other certificates which we require in our daily lives for various things, a marriage certificate for all the married people is also very important. Tamil Nadu Marriage Registration is a marriage certificate and a legal declaration of two people getting married. Through marriage registration a lot of other benefits are also their adding spouse name in the passport, partner visa for a spouse, claiming of life insurance and returns, etc.
So, today we are going to discuss the Tamil Nadu Marriage Registration process. You’ll get to know about how you can register yourself for the marriage certificate, what are the criteria, what documents you need, etc. So, let us get started!
Tamil Nadu Marriage Registration
All the citizens of Tamil Nadu can now register themselves for their marriage certificate under two acts. They are ‘Hindu marriage act 1955’ and ‘Special marriage act 1954’. Under the Hindu marriage act 1955, all couples who belong to Hindu, Sikh, Jain, or Buddhist religions can register themselves. And, under the Special marriage act 1954, all couples who belong to any other religion or community can register themselves accordingly.
You can do the registration online and offline in both modes. After getting registered the couple can get their marriage certificate which will act as legal proof for their marriage.
Benefits of the Marriage Registration
- Through the online portal of Tamil Nadu marriage registration, you can now easily apply for your marriage certificates.
- Now, you need not visit any government offices for getting your marriage certificates as the registration can be done online as well.
- This marriage certificate would be helpful in other official documentation like immigration, visa, life insurance claim, etc.
- A marriage certificate will act as legal proof for two people getting married.
- This will help save a lot of money and time for the people and it will also bring transparency to the system.
How can you Register Yourself?
You can follow the given steps for registering yourself for the Tamil Nadu Marriage Certificate:
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of the registration department of Tamil Nadu.
- Then go to the homepage of the website and select the option of ‘user registration’ over there.
- A new page will open on your screen where you need to enter all the required information asked so fill in carefully.
- Then after filling in the details select the option of ‘receive OTP’ and enter the OTP which you will get on your mobile number.
- Lastly, you’ve to select ‘complete registration’ and you’ll be done.
The procedure of Sign-in after Registration
- Visit the official website and on the homepage select the ‘sign-in’ option.
- Then select the option of ‘marriage registration’ and then you have to fill in all the details which would be asked.
- After that you have to enter proof details for that you need to select the proof type and identification type.
- Then you need to enter the identification number and then click on ‘add’ and click ‘create application’.
- Once your application is created you need to select ‘submit’ and you are done!
- To get registered for marriage the bride’s age must be 18 years or above and the groom’s age must be 21 years or above.
- A voluntary consent given for the wedding is required from both the bride and groom.
- The marriage of the couple needs to be performed under at least two reliable witnesses and government officials from the office.
- Neither the bride nor the groom should have any other legal or living spouse.
- Age proof
- Address proof
- Photograph of both (individual)
- Affidavits in the prescribed format
- Copy of wedding invitation
- Certificate from the priest
- Wedding photograph
- At least two witnesses with valid residence proof and identity
Process for Checking Application Status
- First, start by visiting the official website and go to the homepage there.
- There you need to select the option of ‘more’ and then click on the ‘search’ option.
- After that select the option of ‘marriage’ and then select the ‘marriage type’ option.
- Now you need to select the search category and then enter all the required information accordingly.
- Then you have to select ‘search’ and your status of marriage application will appear on your screen.
Telephone number: 044-24640160
Fax number: 044-24642774
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: No. 100, Santhome High road, Chennai-600028, Tamil Nadu, India
So, these were all the details about the Tamil Nadu marriage registration process and how you can now easily register yourself online for the marriage certificate.
We hope this information in this article was helpful for all of you. In case of any other questions you can put them in the comments and we’ll surely reply. Thank you!
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!