The Central Government has launched the National Health Insurance Scheme to provide health protection to the poor and middle-class people. The main objective of this scheme is to provide benefits to all those who are financially weak. Many lives are lost due to the lack of treatment. Given such increasing problems in India, the Indian government has launched this scheme.
About ten crore vulnerable and poor people who benefit from this scheme will be able to get treatment of up to five lakh rupees! Initially, under the National Health Insurance Scheme, people will be able to get an insurance cover of up to 30 thousand for treatment! More than 5 lakh health wellness centers are about to be opened so that people can be properly be examined.
Benefits or Important things about the National Health Insurance Scheme
- Under this scheme, the central government will provide medical facilities to about ten crores poor people so that they do not face any serious illness problem!
- Under the National Health Insurance Scheme, people will be provided health insurance up to Rs 5 lakh.
- To promote this scheme and give the right benefits of this scheme to the people, 24 new medical colleges and hospitals will be set up by the government so that people will not face any problem in getting treatment under this scheme.
- The central and state government will provide medical insurance premiums to the patients who avail will this scheme. The patients will have to pay only 30 rupees. This amount will be used to renew the card.
- Under the National Health Insurance Scheme, free treatment of the disease will only be available in a few of the selected hospitals
- Only the neediest people will get the benefit of this scheme. The government will use the biometric identity system to monitor this thing very closely.
- The beneficiaries of this scheme will be given a smart card under a National Health Insurance Scheme. Based on their fingerprints, and iris of the beneficiaries, the insurance holder can be easily identified.
Highlights of National Health Insurance Scheme
National Health Insurance Scheme - launched by the Central Government
Beneficiary – Poor people of the country
Purpose – To provide health insurance to poor people
Also Read : How to get HDFC Life Insurance ?
Who can avail the National Health Insurance Scheme ?
- The National Health Insurance Scheme will only be beneficial to Indians who are below the poverty line or those whose income is so low that they have held a BPL card.
- The person receiving the benefit of this scheme will first have to submit the National Health Insurance Card at the hospital counter only after that the person will be able to benefit from this scheme.
- Only BPL cardholders below the poverty line will be able to take benefit of this scheme! This will be reviewed first by the Block Development Officer Regional Development Officer of the insurance holder’s BDO, i.e., only then will you be valid to take advantage of this scheme.
- The benefit of the National Health Insurance Scheme will be given to the person through a cash-less method, which means all the bills that will be made for the treatment of the patient will be paid directly to the hospital! The beneficiary will not be given cash for treatment.
- Beneficiary taking benefit of this scheme will have to pay a premium fee of Rs. 30 per year according to each citizen of their family i.e., if someone has four members in their family, then 4X 30 = Rs. 120 per year to avail of the scheme. You have to pay the premium fee only after that you will be valid to avail of this plan.
- The benefit of the National Health Insurance Scheme can be availed only after registration; in this scheme, no voting time is given to the beneficiary.
- Under this Scheme, the beneficiary gets the expenses of medicines and treatment from one day before the hospitalization to the next five days after being discharged as plan benefits.
Do You Know : What is Ayushman Bharat Scheme ?
How to apply to the National Health Insurance Scheme ?
- Under this scheme, the person taking the benefit must have an Aadhaar card and ration card; only then the person can take will be able to take advantage of it. For this, they will have to submit a photocopy of both these cards.
- Most people are below the poverty line. These people will get benefit from this scheme. For that, the beneficiary will also have to submit a BPL card.
- While registering in this scheme, the beneficiary will also have to submit income certificate!
- Whichever person will be given the benefit of this scheme, in such a situation, the government will prepare a list of all the people applying, who is really eligible to get the benefit of this scheme!
- Do You Know : what is life Insurance
- After the list of those people is made by the government, this list will be accessed in the Insurance Policy Office.
- The policy agents will go to these people’s homes below the poverty line and encourage them to register under this policy. After this, a list will be made of those who want to avail benefits under this scheme.
- All those willing to take advantage of this scheme will be called at the registration center.
- All applicants must submit their ration cards, BPL card, and biometric details at the registration center.
- When you submit all the necessary information to be asked at the registration center, the government representatives will print and provide you with the National Health Card.
Alos Read : – Pradhanmantri jeevan jyoti beema yojana
Important documents of National Health Insurance Scheme
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Voter ID Card
- BPL certificate
- Income Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Passport size photo
How to claim Health Insurance Scheme ?
- The claim of this scheme is simple and faster than other plans.
- If any person from the Cardholder or his family is admitted to the hospital, you will have to see the National Health Insurance Card in the hospital only then you will benefit from this.
- The hospitalists will scan your card. If all your information matches the scheme’s rules, then you will have no problem getting treatment.
Must Read : What is ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- In this scheme, your treatment beneficiary was given a cashless facility, in which they will not be given any cash. Still, the hospital itself sends all the patient’s papers to the insurance company. The insurance company checks the papers and sends the money for the treatment of the patient to the hospital online.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!