Ration card is an essential and important document for every citizen living in India. It is issued by the state government to its citizens according to the public distribution system. Ration card or ration stamp is a type of card similar to the identity card issued by the government.
This card is used to obtain food or other goods from the Indian citizen government. The ration given by the government to the citizens through ration cards is given at a very low price.
What are Ration Cards ?
Ration card is also an Indian document like identity card. This is implemented by each state government of the country. Ration card is mainly used to buy essential goods from government ration shops at right or low price.
Ration cards are also made by the government. Such as ration card below poverty line, ration card for those above poverty line, ration card for Antyodaya family and all these ration cards are checked by the government at certain intervals.
In simple words, Using the ration card, we can help the poor people by providing the ration card, who do not have anyone to earn in their family nor they have any job opportunities or no income, so that no one in this country dies out of hunger.
Now the government will soon launch the facility of One Nation One Ration Card, so that every citizen living inside the country will be able to use one ration card in all the states.
Ration card is an important letter for citizens living in India. Through which any citizen can buy goods at a very low price. Apart from this, this card can also be used as an identity card.
But with the changing times, ration card is becoming an important identity card. If a person wants to get his original residence certificate, then he has to submit a duplicate copy of the ration card as an identity card.
Families that are below the poverty line. Special blue ration cards are made by the government for them. So that they get equal amount of food ration.
Apart from Permanent Ration Card, Temporary Ration Card is also made by the government. Which is only used for some time.
Do You Know : What is Passport
What are the types of ration cards ?
Ration card is issued by the state government of India. These cards are also divided into different parts according to the category of the citizen.
Such as APL (above poverty line), BPL (below poverty line), for high income people and Antyodaya families. There are three types of ration cards available in India.
Antyodaya Ration Card– This card has been made for the poorest families in the country. Those who have no steady income. Older people, unemployed people and Labor people fall into this category. This card is identified in yellow color.
BPL Ration Card – This card is designed for people below the poverty line. Whose annual income is less than Rs. 10,000. They can get B-PL ration card. This card is issued in three colors: blue, pink or red
APL Ration Card – These cards are for people coming above the poverty line. Any citizen of the country can apply in this category. No income limit has been fixed for this. This card is issued in orange color.
Must Read : What is Share Market ?
Benefits of ration card in India
- Ration card is a very important document for every family in India. Apart from this, ration card is a solid proof of identity as well as resident. Which tells that this citizen belongs to this country.
- The most important contribution of ration is made from the state or central government to get the necessary items at subsidized rate.
- If you ever want to apply for the Voter ID card ie identity card, you can show a duplicate copy of the Ration Card as an ID card or proof of place of residence.
- A duplicate copy of the ration card is also valid for taking a telephone connection or SIM card.
- You can also use the Ration Card as an ID to apply for a driving license.
- If you also apply for PAN card, you can use it as your address identification.
- Apart from this, you can also use ration card to apply for LPG gas connection, passport, Aadhaar card, etc.
Also Read : What is Aadhar Card ?
Documents required to apply ration card
Ration cards are also called permanent ration cards or household consumer cards. If you want to apply to get a ration card from your state government, then you have to fill the application form and show one of the following documents as an identity card, only then you can apply to get your ration card.
- Voter ID
- Electricity bill in the name of the head of the family
- Water bill issued by public health department / issuing authority
- Copy of name mentioned in family register
- Copy of aadhar card
- Telephone bill
- And any document issued by the Government of India.
Must Read: What is Bihar Apna Khata ?
Some important conditions for applying Ration Card
- To apply ration card, a person must be a citizen of India. Only then will you be considered eligible to apply.
- While applying ration card, the person should not have ration card of any other state.
- Ration card is made in the name of whichever person in the family. He should not be less than 18 years of age
- Children under 18 years of age are included in the parents’ ration card.
- In a family, only one ration card is valid in the name of the head of the family.
- If you want to include the members in the ration card, then it is important to have a close relationship with the head of the family.
- While applying for a new ration card, the name of any member should not be in any ration card before that.
Must Read : PMAY- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
How to apply for ration card ?
- Nowadays, public convenience centers are open in every place in every city, where you can apply to get any type of government document, from where you can buy ration card forms.
- Any person can buy these forms. The value of these forms is 50 paise and it is free for those below the poverty line.
- If a person wants, he can also get it from the government website. For this, their website has been maintained for different states. You can also get the print out by downloading the form from the website.
- While filling the ration card form, it is necessary to put 3 passport size photographs of the head of the family along with the form while submitting the ration card. This photo can be attested by a government employee or the person can get it attested by any person who has the right to attach it.
- Residential proof of your house has to be given along with the chief’s photo. And if you do not have your own house and you live in a rented house on someone else’s house, then you will have to put a rent agreement.
- If you do not have your Residential Proof to apply. So you can take statement of your 2 neighbors through FSO. .
- If you have an old ration card, you can also put a duplicate copy of it.
- After completing all these processes, the form has to be submitted in the office.
- Within 1 month of submitting the form your ration card is ready and you can get it from the post office through tehsil.
Also Read : How to get HDFC Life Insurance ?
Website of different states to apply for ration card
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!