Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti 2023
Deen Dayal Upadhayaya gram Jyoti yojana is an Indian government’s scheme that was started to supply electricity to rural India. This scheme was introduced in the place of Rajiv Gandhi gram vidhyutikaran yojna. This scheme was started by the prime minister of India on 20th November 2014.
This scheme was introduced for providing enough electricity to rural India for agricultural and non-agricultural uses. In this scheme, electricity feeders are being separated for agricultural and non-agricultural uses for a fair spread of electricity and not overloading the feeders.
Why did our country need this project ?
Before this scheme, many schemes were started for providing an electricity supply to rural India. But they all go unsuccessful and the reasons behind that are lack of attendance from governments, corruption, and not monitoring the project in a proper way. and this is not only the wasting of publics precious money but many needy peoples were left without electricity.
The country’s condition was not very good in the electricity sector because there are many places in our country that were forced to live without electricity in the 21st century. And if electricity is available then its system is very poor and good for nothing. Except for Metropolitan cities, electricity is not properly available in our whole country if it’s a city or town and villages are looks like disappearing in this list.
And these are the reasons why the government noticed this area and started this critical scheme named Deen Dayal Upadhayaya gram Jyoti Yojana
Benefits of this project
- The benefits of this scheme are mentioned below
- The very first benefit of this scheme is that every village that does not have electricity till today got electricity.
- If villagers will get proper electricity then irrigation facilities will definitely improve.
- And it’s quite a simple thing if irrigation facilities improve then the production of agriculture will definitely increase.
Also Read: What is HRIDAY scheme
- Education, health, and banking we all know that these are the sectors which need electricity to grow and after this scheme, these sectors will definitely improve in rural areas.
- Radio, television, internet, and mobile means communication and in rural areas of India lack of communication is a result of lack of electricity and after this scheme, communication will definitely improve in rural areas of India.
- If rural areas of India will get electricity then the development in these areas will definitely increase.
- Electricity is a necessary thing for industrial activities and after this project in rural areas of India industrial activities will get a booster.
- People migrate towards urban areas from rural areas for basic facilities and employment and after this scheme, they were able to get these things at their home town and this will decrease the migration rate.
Must Read: Ujjawala Discom Assurance Scheme
Reasons for starting this scheme
- Here are some reasons why this scheme is started
- The very first reason for starting this scheme is providing electricity to rural areas.
- The reason for starting this project is not just providing electricity but also spreading it equally.
- The aim of this scheme is to provide electricity in 1000 days to over 18000 villages.
- Due to the increasing demand for electricity after this scheme decreasing the load is one of the main objectives.
Do You know setu bharatam Scheme
- Giving electricity to every home of the village.
- Giving electricity to farmers and others through separate feeders for consistent electricity and decreasing the load.
- Stopping migration towards urban areas for employment reasons.
Important facts of Deen Dayal Upadhayay gram Jyoti yojana
- This whole scheme is a 43,033 crore rupees scheme in which the Indian government will contribute 33,453 crore rupees and the remaining amount is the state government’s responsibility.
- In this scheme all the private and state governments electricity discom will get help.
- In this scheme, special categories state will get an 85% grant which will be increased in special conditions to 90%.
- And other states will get a 60% grant which will be increased in special conditions to 75%.
Also Read : – Go Electric Movement
And in the end, we can say that this scheme started for the welfare of poor. Because this unthinkable in this period when the world is doing wonders scientists are doing unthinkable things there some places without electricity. Because electricity is a basic facility and this our government’s failure if they are not able to provide such things.
But this scheme is a really good initiative towards this and we have to appreciate and support this step.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!