TNPDS – Tamilnadu public distribution system, ration cards are the digital ration cards released by the Tamilnadu state government. This was started for public convenience because today’s world is a digital world. In this new modern digital world, everything is digitally capable and worked with A. I. (artificial intelligence). So why don’t our documents adapt to this new normal? That’s why there is a concept of smart ration cards. Now let’s take a brief look at it.
TNPDS- Tamilnadu public distribution system 2023
As we all know, the Tamilnadu government is digitalizing the ration card. And you all know that if there is something digital then the internet has a role to play in it. In this article we are going to give you all details about this. Like how can you apply for this? How can you make corrections in it? Etc.
Official information about TNPDS
|Portal Name||TNPDS smart ration card|
|Launched by||Tamilnadu state government|
|Works under||Tamilnadu public distribution system|
|Beneficiaries||Ration card holders of tamilnadu|
Types of digital ration cards
There are four types of digital ration cards available in tamilnadu. Name of them are these:
- Light green card
- White card
- Khakee card
- No commodity card
Light green card
These are issued for rice and other commodities .
A white card holder can take an extra 3 kg of sugar from the prescribed quota.
A khakee card is only for police persons as it’s colour shows you that it is closer to the police.
No commodity card
As you can take the idea of its utilization by its name. This is issued for those people who can’t take commodities from government ration shops.
Also read : What is AP Gramin Sachivalayam?
Required documents for TNPDS
- PAN card
- Aadhar card
- Electricity bill
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photo
- Bank passbook
Objectives of Tamilnadu public distribution system:
Know how to make Ration card?
- The first objective of this is to stop the fraudulent practices by the selling distributors.
- Saving the cost of printing ration cards and papers and indirectly saving trees and our environment.
- Saving people’s time.
- The main objective is to provide transparency in food distribution works.
Benefits of Tnpds
- After its implementation, fraudulent practices will stop.
- Now the work and stats PDS are more transparent and trustworthy.
- After the digitization of ration cards, so much money and time were saved. Because these are paperless.
- This system is more customer-friendly than the previous one.
How to apply for a TNPDS ration card?
- To apply, first go to the official website’s homepage.
- Then click on the smart card application option.
- After then an application form opens up on a new page and fills in all the asked details.
- Then submit this form by attaching all the required documents.
- After submitting this form a reference number will be generated. keep this safe for future purposes.
Must read : Mission Bhagirath
Offline procedure for applying smart ration card
- Go to your nearest ration shop.
- You will get an application form here. Fill in all the asked details.
- Attach all the documents with it.
- After this submit this to the related department.
- Like the online procedure, you will get a reference number here too. Keep it safe for the future.
How to know your TNPDS ration card status?
- To know the status of your application go to the homepage of the official website.
- After this, a new page will be open. Enter your registration number here.
- Then you can see your application status on your screen.
How to change your address in a TNPDS ration card?
- Go to the homepage of the official website.
- Click on the change address option here.
- After this a new page will open, enter your registered mobile number and captcha.
- Then enter all the asked details and upload related important documents.
- Make changes what you want and click on the submit button.
Do you know : What is SSMMS?
How to change your card type?
- First go to the homepage of the official website.
- Click on the change card type option here.
- Then a new page will open, enter your registered mobile number and captcha.
- After this a new form will appear on your screen now enter all the required details in it.
- Then recheck this and submit.
How to register a complaint?
- Go to the homepage of the official website.
- Click on the register a complaint option here.
- After this enter your complaint with all the asked information with it.
- This is the procedure to register a complaint.
After all of this information. if you still want to know more about TNPDS or you are confused with some details or information about this. Then there are many ways to contact them and solve your problem.
Ways of contact
There are many ways to contact TNPDS but you can ask them anything via their portal. Apart from this two main ways to contact them are mobile number and email ID. Both are given below here.
|Toll Free Number||1800 425 5901|
So this is the end of this article. I hope you liked it. If you liked it then share it and if your mind is filled with queries then empty it in the comment box. Why is it there? Come on, use it and ask us anything whatever you want.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!