Gahra Samudra Abhiyaan or the deep sea campaign was granted permission from the central cabinet on 17 June 21.
As you can take an idea about its objectives by its name. This campaign could be a booster for many industrial sectors. In this post, we are going to give you all details about this campaign. Like what is it? Why was started? What are its benefits etc?
Official information about the scheme
|Scheme Name||Gahra samudra abhiyaan (deep ocean campaign)|
|Starting date||17th June 2021|
|Nodal ministry||Ministry of earth science|
|Objectives||Finding potential resources in the ocean floor and |
developing technology for deep ocean exploring
Gahra Samudra abhiyaan (Deep Sea campaign) 2023
The central cabinet granted permission to Gehra Samudra Abhiyaan for finding potential resources on the deep seafloor. This campaign is started for finding potential resources on the ocean floor.
Also for giving a boost in the development of ocean technology too. This campaign will be implemented step by step in the next 5 years. The idea of this campaign was presented by the ministry of earth science.
The budget allotted to Gahra Samudra Abhiyaan (deep-sea campaign)
The total estimated budget of the deep sea campaign is 4,077 crore rupees. The estimated budget of the first phase (which will lasts three years between 2021 to 2024)of this campaign is 2823.4 crore rupees.
Also read : TRAI’s new channel selecting portal
Components of the deep-sea campaign
There are six components of this campaign that are very important. The name of them are here:
- Development of technologies for deep-sea mining and manned submarines
- Development of ocean climate change advisory services
- Technological innovation for exploration and conservation of the deep-sea biodiversity
- Deep-sea surveying and exploration
- Energy and freshwater from the ocean
- Advance marine stations for ocean biology
Must read : Matsya Sampada Scheme
Objectives of Gahra Samudra Abhiyaan
The objectives of this campaign are given below:
- The main motto of this campaign is to find potential resources on the deep ocean floor. Like petroleum, gas reserves, and many more useful minerals, etc.
- Finding these things in such a harsh environment is not child’s play. That’s why this campaign is going to be responsible for the development of our ocean exploring technologies like submarines.
- Another priority of the deep sea campaign is to find the biodiversity of the deep seafloor.
- Finding is not just the only task of this campaign. Technological innovation for reserving oceanic biodiversity is included in its to-do list too.
- Marking those places which are the potential place of finding resources.
गहरे समुद्र में संसाधनों का पता लगाने और महासागरीय संसाधनों के सतत उपयोग के लिए गहरे समुद्र प्रौद्योगिकियों को विकसित करने के लिए “गहरे समुद्र अभियान” पर पृथ्वी विज्ञान मंत्रालय के प्रस्ताव को कैबिनेट की मंजूरी। #CabinetDecisions pic.twitter.com/Ix1e2ZLI5V— MyGovHindi (@MyGovHindi) June 16, 2021
Benefits of Deep-sea Campaign
- First of all, our country will find some more new resources for biological energy.
- Because of this campaign, we will develop a technology to make a submarine for exploring the ocean into 6km deep. Only a few countries are able to do so.
- We may find some new species and develop a better understanding of oceanic biodiversity and maybe we can use it to protect them.
- Because of this deep-sea campaign, many industrial sectors will provide job opportunities to the unemployed in many sectors. Like building ships and submarines and other many more things related to them.
Do you know about Mission Bhagirath?
This article ends here. Hope you liked it. If you liked it then share it and if you are an owner of a curious mind then that commentbox is just made for you. Come on use it, we are always here to answer your all queries about us.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!