If you are also afraid of taking your educational or important original documents anywhere, or you are afraid of losing your documents, In such a situation, the digital locker (DigiLocker) started by the central government can help you a lot. Under this scheme, you can keep all your educational documents, proof of identity and address safe here.
If you are going to interview for a job anywhere, then you can give a link of DigiLocker there, so that your documents will be easily checked. You do not need to carry the original certificate with you anywhere.
What is Digilocker 2023 ?
The Digilocker is an initiative of the Government of India to promote the Digital India Scheme. It is a special place to keep your important documents like PAN card,Voter ID card, college degree, high school degree, birth certificate or any kind of required document. Here, a soft copy of the required documents can be saved online on a website or mobile application.
The government has given soft copy as much recognition as a hard copy. To use DigiLocker, you must have an Aadhaar card, because it is linked to your Aadhaar card. A person also needs an e-sign e-sign in order to use DigiLocker.
Changes are being made in everything according to the time, which we should take advantage of. In today’s digital world, whether your documents are in your hand or saved in mobile, both are same.
The main objective of the Digilocker ?
The main objective of the digital locker is to reduce the paperwork of documents. So that you do not have to take your documents again and again. Not only this, increasing the trend of exchange of e-documents between agencies is also a main objective.
With the help of this DigiLocker web portal, you can easily exchange e-documents through registered funds. Which will ensure the authenticity of the online documents. Any person who wants to take advantage of this can scan their document and upload it on the website.
In addition, they can be signed using digital e-sign service. All these digitally signed documents can be shared with government organizations or other institutions.
Some main benefits of DigiLocker
- Due to DigiLocker, now your chances of getting fraudulent with your documents will be reduced. Now anyone can keep their data ie documents safe. DigiLocker does not have access to public Wi-Fi, that is, you cannot use it through public Wi-Fi. Process management of data through this is all safe and you cannot share it with anyone who has no contact with you.
- With the help of DigiLocker, you can get your document related work done very easily. Because of which your work can be done quickly and fast, if you want to get your PAN card, then the shortest time is two weeks. But if you want to make it by paying extra money to an agent, then you can make it yourself immediately by doing digital signature.
- Documents will never go bad state.
- One of the biggest advantages of Digital Locker is that documents saved here can never be lost. You can use them whenever you want.
- After saving documents in Digital Locker, you can go and use them anywhere in the world. DigiLocker is valid in government and non-government institutions, because it is a launched by the Central Government. You do not need to give photo copy of your documents in government office also. You can also get your work done by emailing a soft copy of your document
Some of the key features of DigiLocker:
- DigiLocker can be used only by those who have their own Aadhar card as DigiLocker is linked to your Aadhar card.
- You will be able to use DigiLocker only if your mobile number and email id are linked to your Aadhaar card.
- If your Aadhaar card does not have the mobile number register that you are using, then you will first have to change your Aadhaar card register mobile number, only then you will be able to use it.
- The user currently using DigiLocker will be given only 10 MB of space in which he can up-load his required documents.
How secure is your DigiLocker account ?
If we talk about security, then DigiLocker is as safe for you as our bank account, net banking or mobile wallet account. While creating an account, we have to create a user id and password.
Each user has their own id. After that we have to link our account with Aadhar card and mobile number also so that it can be used as and when required. Only after doing all these procedures can you create your account in the DigiLocker.
How to create a Digilocker account ?
DigiLocker’s website and mobile application are both available. You can use any of the two as per your convenience. The process of creating an account is the same in both the website and the application.
Here we are teaching you how to create a DigiLocker account through the website.
- To create a account, first you need to go to Digilocker.gov.in.
- After that on the right side of the website you will see two options signup and signin. If you have already created an account, then you have to click on the option of signin. But if you have not yet created your account, you will have to click on the signup.
- Click on the signup, you have to fill your Aadhaar card number here.
- Once you fill the Aadhaar card number, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number which is registered with your Aadhar card, that OTP is to be filled here.
- You will have to create a secure PIN of 6 characters, After filling the OTP. The PIN should be such that you remember it, which will be used to open the DigiLocker account.
Now your DigiLocker account is ready, now you can upload your required documents in it.
How to upload your documents in DigiLocker ?
- First of all, open the official website of DigiLocker and click on the signin in the right side.
- Now here you have to fill the user’s base number. After filling the Aadhaar number, OTP will be sent to your mobile number which is linked to your Aadhar card.
- Now here you have to fill your security PIN. After filling the PIN, you will visit the website
- Now by clicking on the uploaded documents here, you can save your required documents in DigiLocker. You can also create separate log folders of the documents according to your convenience.
In this article, we have given you step by step information about DigiLocker. This Article covers:
- What is DigiLocker?
- How can you use it?
- What are the benefits of using DigiLocker?
- What all documents you will need to create an account in DigiLocker?
To keep your documents safe, then you can take advantage of this.
If you like this article, share it so that they others can get to know about this. For any kind of question related to DigiLocker, you can ask us by commenting.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!