Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Har Ghar Bijli Yojana As its name suggests, its goal is to provide electricity to every household in the country. And the aim is not only to provide electricity but also to make it available to the people with ease.
Because even today there are many places in our country where power has not reached or reached today, poor people are unable to get electricity connection due to economic inefficiency which is why they are forced to spend their lives in darkness. And because of this, the scheme came into existence. This scheme is also known as Saubhagya Scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Har Ghar Bijli Scheme 2023
This project was started by the Prime Minister in 2017. And its goal was to reach electricity in every house of the country by 2018. This scheme was made at keeping the poor section of the country at the center. Because the goal of this scheme is to provide electricity to the homes of every poor person in the country who cannot afford it.
Free connections will be provided under this scheme and an LED bulb will also be provided. And at the same time, the meter will also be provided, for which the government is responsible for the care and maintenance for 5 years. And in areas where there is no electricity yet, solar panels and 5 LED bulbs, a DC fan and a DC power plug will be provided.
Who can take a connection in Prime Minister’s Sahaj Har Ghar Bijli Yojana ?
As we told you earlier that this scheme was started for those who are financially inefficient cannot afford electricity bills. That is, people who are financially inefficient and live below the poverty line will be the main beneficiaries of this scheme.
Those who have a ration card of BPL can avail of this scheme. Or those whose names are named under the Economic Social and Caste Census of 2011 are the beneficiaries of this scheme.
Those whose names are not under these census figures can also take advantage of this scheme. They will get a new connection under this scheme in just 500 rupees in 10 easy installments.
Must Read: Prime Minister Sukanya Samridhhi Scheme
How can you get a connection in Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Har Ghar Bijli Scheme ?
To get the connection in this scheme, you have to fill the application form and apply to the concerned division or subdivision. Along with the application form, you will have to collect your Aadhaar card, your passport size photo, house paper, and a copy of your BPL ration card.
After that, the local government unit of the area, whether it is a gram panchayat, a Nagar Panchayat, a municipality, or a municipal corporation, will verify them. And after verification, you will get an electric connection.
Alos Read : – Pradhanmantri jeevan jyoti beema yojana
For which objectives the Prime Minister Sahaj Har Ghar Bijli Scheme started
Let us now look at the objectives with which this scheme started.
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide electricity to every household.
- To improve educational services in rural areas.
- Improving health services and improving communication services in the rural area.
#Saubhagya— PIB In Bihar 🇮🇳 Mask yourself 😷 (@PIB_Patna) September 25, 2021
Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision to provide electricity to every household in #Bihar #HarGharBijli #AzadiKaAmritMahotsav @MinOfPower @PIB_India @RajKSinghIndia pic.twitter.com/1YEZRWEYDW
The result that is expected from the Saubhagya Scheme
- The first benefit of this scheme is that electricity will reach every house where it was not. Apart from this, there are many more benefits of this scheme. Let’s take a brief look at them.
- Educational activities will increase.
- Health services will be better.
- Communication facilities will be better in rural areas.
- Economic activities will increase.
- New employment opportunities will be obtained.
Also Read :- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya gram jyoti yojana
How much is the government spending on the Prime Minister’s Sahaj Har Ghar Bijli Scheme ?
The total cost of this scheme is Rs 16320 crores and out of this, the Central Government will provide gross budget support of Rs 12320 crores. The total cost of the scheme for rural areas is Rs 14025 crores and the gross budgetary support in this is Rs 10587 crores.
This plan budget for urban areas is Rs 2295 crores and the gross budgetary support is Rs 1732 crores. Under this scheme, the Central Government will provide assistance to the Union Territories and the State Governments.
Areas benefited under Saubhagya Scheme
Special attention will be given to some areas under this scheme as follows:
Also Read: What is HRIDAY scheme
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Jammu Kashmir
- States of northeast India
Important facts about the Prime Minister’s Sahaj Har Ghar Bijli Yojana
- The cost of electricity supply in rural areas is very high. The objective of this scheme is to reduce this cost.
- All the schemes started earlier for providing electricity supply have been included in it.
- Since this plan, very few villages have survived where 100% electrification has not taken place.
- Rural Electrification Corporation is its nodal agency.Now finally some questions which often bother people
- Will only people from rural areas benefit from this scheme?
- No, this scheme will be applicable in both rural and urban areas.
- If I do not have a BPL ration card, can I not avail of this scheme?
- No, it is not so. If you have a voter ID card, then you can avail of this scheme based on the 2011 census data.
Also Read : – What is Prime Minister Krishi Sinchayee Scheme
- Will the bill pay on the meters installed under this scheme?
- No, you will not have to pay the bills on the connections that are fixed below the poverty line.
- There is no electricity in our village, so how will we benefit from this scheme?
- There is nothing to worry about this because in such villages the government provides solar panels as well as 5 LED bulbs, one DC fan, and one DC power plug.
- Our name is not in the 2011 census data. Will we get the benefit from this scheme?
- You do not need to worry because if your name is not in the census data then you can avail of this scheme by paying 500 rupees and also you can pay in 10 different installments.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!