In India, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Vikas Yojana was started for people living in rural or slum areas. People who live in rural or urban areas can avail the benefits of this scheme, but their income is very low due to which they cannot build their own houses, so the Pradhan Mantri Awas Vikas Yojana is a better option for you under which you can easily make your home.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2023
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Vikas Yojana was launched on 25 June 2015 under the supervision of Narendra Modi, with the sole aim of making the country slum-free, about two crore houses for the poor and low-income people within the country.
Initially, this scheme was only for people living in rural areas, but later the changes have been made to add urban poor and middle class.
Under this scheme, you are given a cover of three lakh to six lakh, which was increased and later given to 18 lakh rupees.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Vikas Yojana run by the government will be run in 3 parts
The first round of the scheme started in April 2015 and ended in March 2017. In the first round, houses have been built in more than 100 cities in the country.
The second round of the housing development plan has started in April 2017 and ended in March 2019. In this round, the government has almost completed the country’s to build houses in more than 200 cities.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) is building new houses to empower families and making their dreams come true.— BJP (@BJP4India) November 3, 2019
2.32 lakh new houses have been sanctioned for the poor in urban areas, with a total of Rs 7,322 crore sanctioned for the scheme. pic.twitter.com/aLx6rnyLk5
The third round of this scheme was started in April 2019 which will end in March 2022 within which houses will be built in most cities and rural areas of the country.
Benefits from Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2023
- The amount received under the housing scheme along with the subsidy will be sent directly to the bank account of the candidate whose name will be in the housing scheme list and his Aadhaar card will be linked to the bank account so that it can be properly availed to the people.
- Initially, Houses being built by the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was only 20 square i.e. about 215 square feet, but later it has been increased to 25 square meters i.e. 270 feet, which can be used for any middle or poor family.
Also Read : What is Home loan
- As per the Pradhan Mantri Awas Vikas Yojana, the amount spent in each of the states of the country will be shared between the governments of the Center and the states, the proportion of this expenditure will be 60: 40 in the plains areas, while the three northeastern and hill states like Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh states, the proportion of expenditure will be 90: 10.
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has also been linked to the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, so a separate amount of Rs. 12 thousand will be given by the government for the toilets to be constructed under the Housing Development Scheme.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Vikas Yojana, people living in rural areas can take loans up to 70 thousand rupees even without interest. They have to take help from the Financial Institute to apply for this loan.
- The candidate will have to repay these loans in installments on time. While people living in urban areas can take a loan of more than 70 thousand, for that they will also have to pay interest rate amount.
- The loan amount received under the Housing Development Scheme has been divided into three parts.
Empowerment of women is inbuilt in #PMAY(U)— PIB India (@PIB_India) March 7, 2020
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) is not only empowering women beneficiaries but also strengthening them by generating employment.#WomensDay2020 #IWD2020 #SheInspiresUs pic.twitter.com/noEM3ZDZFw
Do You Know : What is Adarsh Gram Yojana
- LIG Low Income Group
- HIG High Income Group
- MIG Medium Income Group
- Toilets, drinking water, electricity, smoke-free fuel for cooking, etc will also be given to any candidate who will be given the benefit of the Housing Development Scheme!
- The age of the candidate availing the Housing Development Scheme should be from 21 years to 55 years, but if the head of the family is more than 50 years, then the main heir of the candidate will also be linked to the home loan.
Also Read :- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Procedure for applying for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Vikas Yojana residents in rural areas
- Initially, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Vikas Yojana was started for people living in rural areas. For this, they are also given the training to build houses built by the government in modern ways.
- This scheme was made for people living in rural areas and computer facilities are very less in rural areas, so the government has also created a mobile-based application to process the application of the villagers so that the people can get any type of application at the time of application.
- The name of the application made to apply for the housing development scheme is the housing app, which you can download for free from Google Playstore, you have to take the help of your mobile number to log in.
Do you Know :- Ghar Tak Fiber Scheme
- While logging in from the mobile, an OTP is sent to the number through this app, only then you will be able to open the housing development plan form in the application.
- In this form, you will have to fill all the necessary information about your family and the head of the family.
- Apart from this, on whatever land you want to build a house, you will have to upload photos taken in different ways on that land.
- After completing the form, you have to submit
- After that you will have to wait for some time, then the list of people who will get the benefit of the scheme gradually will be released by the government.
- Through the housing scheme app, you will be able to see the amount of money received by the candidate online.
- The amount received by the housing scheme will be given to the candidate in three installments.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!