A device like a laptop has become as important as mobile phones in everyone’s daily lives. Especially for all the students as because of the pandemic, they need to attend their school classes online. But not everyone can afford laptops so the state government of Telangana has come up with the ‘Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme’.
Now, all the students from the Government and Government-aided schools and colleges of the Tamil Nadu state would get free laptops and this scheme has been implemented by the government since 2011-12.
Today, we are going to discuss all the details about the Tamil Nadu free laptop scheme and how you can register yourself, what are the criteria, and everything else. So, keep on reading.
|Name||Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu|
|Beneficiaries||Students of 10th and 12th|
About Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme
This scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of the state Edappadi K Palaniswami. By implementation of the Tamil Nadu free laptop scheme, it will help all the students in their studies and acquire better skills for their futures.
Under this scheme, free laptops would be distributed to all the students who have passed class 10th and 12th of the Tamil Nadu state. Last year because of lockdown the implemented plan wasn’t completed fully. And, a lot of students couldn’t get free laptops so this year the list of all the eligible students is already made even for this academic year. And for the year 2022 the Tamil Nadu, free laptop scheme will be implemented and all the students can apply for this scheme.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Through the Tamil Nadu free laptop scheme, a lot of students who are financially backward will be benefited.
- This implementation will encourage students to study with full concentration and is a great step towards modern technology.
- Under this scheme, 51.767 lakh laptops have been distributed to all the students free of cost from 2011-12 to 2019-2020 with a total cost of Rs. 7,2576.1 crore.
- This scheme is an advancement towards providing a better model of education to all the students who have passed class 10th and 12th.
Specifications of Laptop under the Free Laptop Scheme
|Brand name of the Laptop||HP|
|System name||ELCOT PC|
|Warranty of the laptop||1 year|
|Processor name||Intel Pentium Dual Core|
|Market price||Rs. 25,000|
|Hard disk||Minimum 16 GG, Maximum 320 GB|
|Pre-installed software||Adobe, Microsoft Office, TN Schemes|
|System type||X 86|
|RAM||2 GB DDR3 SD RAM AT 1066MHz speed|
|System manufacture||AMD Processor|
- Below is given the eligibility criteria for applying for the Tamil Nadu free laptop scheme:
- You need to be a permanent citizen of the Tamil Nadu state to apply to this scheme.
- All the students who have cleared their examination from the government or a government-aided school are eligible.
- The preference would be provided to all the scheduled tribes (SC) and scheduled caste (SC).
How can you Register Yourself?
- Start by visiting the official website of the Tamil Nadu free laptop scheme.
- Then go to the homepage of the website and you need to search for the ‘registration link’.
- After that fill in the registration form properly with all the required details and then select ‘submit’.
Now you need to login on to the website with a username, password, and captcha code.
- And then attach all the other documents with the application form.
- Upload your signature and photo (if required) and then select the option of ‘submit’ and you’ll be registered for the scheme.
Process of Checking Beneficiary List of Scheme
Firstly, visit the official website of the scheme.
Go to the homepage and you need to select the ‘beneficiary list’ option.
Then you’ll see a PDF file where you can check the list.
- School ID
- Aadhar card
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Resident proof
- Further admission proof
In case you have any queries you can contact the officials by below-given contact details:
- Phone number: 044-2567 0783
- Address: Information Technology Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, 2nd Floor, NKM Building, Secretariat, Chennai-600009.
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Fax number: 25670505
So, today in this article we have provided all the detailed information about the Tamil Nadu free laptop scheme. You can easily apply for this scheme as it is beneficial for all the students for their studies and their career.
We hope this was helpful for you in case of any other related questions you can drop your questions in the comment box we’ll surely reply. Thank you!
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!