To help people there have been several schemes that have been introduced by the government and in Bengal, the government has come up with one more such scheme for all the people of the state. For all the needy, unprivileged citizens from West Bengal this scheme has been designed.
Through this scheme, all the Adivasi / Scheduled Class / Scheduled Tribe citizens will be covered in the state. The main aim of the scheme is to provide security to all the poor, needy people so that a socially backward society can be uplifted.
So, all the residents from West Bengal if they belong from any of these categories then check out the whole article and if you know someone then let them know about this scheme.
In this article, we will cover all the important information regarding the scheme, its benefits, registration process, documents required, eligibility criteria, etc. so check out the whole article for all the details of this scheme. Let’s start!
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
Ms. Mamata Banerjee the Chief Minister of West Bengal had introduced the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme for all the unprivileged, old age residents of the state.
This scheme’s one of the phases will provide an end number of benefits to all the backward class people including SC / ST.
There are two categories for this scheme:
The “Taposali Bandhu” Pension Scheme has been announced for all the residents from the Scheduled Caste of the state.
The “Jai Johar” Scheme has been announced for all the residents from the Scheduled Tribe of the state.
Benefits of the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
- Across all the states the Joy Bangla Scheme will provide financial support to all the needy people, old aged people, widows, and the disabled.
- The government has fixed an amount of Rs. 500 crores under the Jai Johar Scheme which would cover all the poor sections of the state.
- All the old people would receive their monthly pension from the government of Rs. 1000.
- Holding a bank account under the beneficiaries name is important because the amount through the Joy Bangla Scheme would be directly transferred to the beneficiaries account.
- Surveys have mentioned that the scheme aims to benefit around 21 Lakh people through the successful execution of the scheme and will be helping with all the financial support they need.
- Any widow or any person with disabilities can also take advantage of this Joy Bangla Scheme.
|Name of the Scheme||Monetary Benefits|
|Jai Johar Scheme||INR 1000/ month|
|Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme||INR 600/ month|
- The applicant needs to fulfill some criteria to get consideration under the scheme and get selected as a beneficiary:
- The Joy Bangla Pension Scheme is limited only to the community of Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste who can apply.
- The applicant needs to be below the poverty line and from a backward society.
- The state government of West Bengal has announced that the benefits can only be claimed by the permanent residence of the state.
- The applicant applying for the scheme must not be less than 60 years of age, in case a person below 60 years of age had applied for the scheme then the application would get rejected.
- The applying applicant should not be registered under any other pension schemes by the government if applying for the Joy Bangla Scheme.
- The applicant needs to hold a bank account under his/her name.
Before applying for the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme here is the list of documents that are required:
- Aadhar Card
- Passport Size Photograph
- Ration Card
- Caste Certificate Photocopy
- Voter ID for identity proof
- BPL Certificate
- Certificate of Education (if any)
- Bank Passbook Photocopy
- Residential Proof Self-declaration
- Income Certificate Self-declaration
Let us tell you if you are willing to apply for the scheme then you must know that the application process for this scheme is in offline mode. Here are the steps of how you can do that:
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal Government.
- Go to the homepage there you will see a PDF download link of the form.
- Download the application form, take a printout and fill in all the required details.
- Attach all the required documents along with the application form in the registration.
- Then submit your application form to the (BOD) Block Development Officer of your area (if rural).
- In case you live in an urban area then submit your application form to the Sub-Divisional Officer under the Municipal Corporation.
Must Read : What is Atal Pension Yojana
So, this was all the important information about the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme. Hope the article was helpful and informative. Also if you have any queries regarding the scheme let us know in the comment box you would surely answer. Thank you!
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!