“Every life is precious” has always been the guiding motto of the Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik. And following this principle on the 72nd Independence Day with the government of the state, the Chief Minister of the state launched the “Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana”.
This effective healthcare scheme has the goal of providing universal healthcare to all the residents of the state of Odisha. We all know how the pandemic has affected the lives of a lot of people especially financially. So, to provide the citizens with the medical and healthcare cover this scheme has been launched.
Today we are going to let you know all the details about the Odisha Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana and what are the benefits eligibility criteria etc.
|Scheme Name||Odisha Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana|
|Beneficiaries||All the residents of Odisha|
|Authority||State Government of Odisha|
|Scheme launch date||26th January 2018|
|Portal of the scheme||nhmodisha.gov.in|
What is the Odisha Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana 2023 ?
The Odisha Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana has been launched as a lot of citizens weren’t able to get proper treatments due to their financial crises. So, the Chief Minister of Odisha launched the scheme of Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana.
For all the economically vulnerable families it has been imported after the pandemic to improve the healthcare infrastructure of the state. This scheme aims to provide cashless treatment to everyone irrespective of status, income, and residence. The State government would bear all the cost of the health and medical services.
So, annual coverage of Rs. 5 lakhs would be provided per family for all the healthcare and medication, and an additional of Rs. 5 lakhs would be provided to the women members of the family after the initial limit is exhausted.
Objectives of the Odisha Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana 2023
The main objective is to cover all the applicants one by one under one healthcare infrastructure.
This scheme has been launched for all the citizens who can avail of cashless treatments because financially they aren’t able to afford hospital treatments.
This time the state government of Odisha has kept a budget of 9,000 crores to improve the facilities of healthcare in the state.
Providing the citizens with the best healthcare treatment is the major objective of the state government behind this scheme.
Also, a ‘smart health card’ would be provided to all the applicants by the government to make the process in hospitals cash-free and easy.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Through the Odisha Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana government would provide a cover of up to Rs. 5 lakhs per family on all the medical and healthcare facilities and Rs. 7 lakhs to all the women members of the families.
- The state government of Odisha has enrolled a total of two hundred medical private clinics in Odisha and about twenty medical clinics outside Odisha.
- A total of around 4037 mini packages have been granted for this scheme.
- Through this scheme, a total of 70 lakh families of the state are going to be benefited.
- The free healthcare services provided under this scheme don’t have any specific eligibility criteria. The keen focus is to improve the health facilities in the state.
- All the citizens for a secured future in healthcare can avail of this scheme and get cash-free treatments and the major component of this scheme is providing complete healthcare insurance to the applicant.
Must Read : YSR Cheyutha Scheme Helping Women Financially
Who all can take advantage of the Scheme?
- Every citizen and every family is eligible for the Odisha Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana up to the District of Headquarters of Hospital (DHH).
- All the NFSA / SFSA cardholders and every applicant who has the healthcare smartcard can avail of free treatments in the hospitals and the whole coverage would be borne by the state government.
- Irrespective of the income, status, and residence all the residents of Odisha are eligible for this scheme.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) card holders
- Below poverty line cardholders
- The RSBY and BKKY cardholders
- Also Read : Student Credit Card Scheme : Government of West Bengal
- BPL card
- Salary / Income certificate
- Biju Kurushak Kalyan Yojana
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana card
Procedure for Registration
- First, you’ve to go on the official website of the Odisha State Government.
- Go to the homepage of the website and click on the ‘apply now’ option.
- You will see the Odisha Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana official form.
- Then you will have to fill in the registration form with all the details asked in the form.
- You’ll have to attach all the other documents as well with the form.
- After filling in all the details you’ve to click on the ‘submit’ option and you will successfully be registered for the scheme. Also Read : West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
- After the submission, the authority would verify your registration form and all the other documents. Once the documents would get verified by them you would get your Swasthya Kalyan Health card.
So, this was all about the Odisha Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana and all the details about the same. You can easily take advantage of this scheme by getting healthcare insurance of which the coverage would be borne by the government.
Also Read : Udyogini Scheme : Women Entrepreneurs Scheme
We hope all the information in this article was helpful for all of you. If you have any queries regarding the scheme let us know in the comments we would surely revert. Thank you!
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!