Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme 2023
Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme is launched by the Maharashtra State Government. This scheme was started for the girls of the entire state. If a family had a daughter then within a year of her birth if the parents of that girl sterilized themselves then they can apply under this scheme.
If a family had two daughters then the period for sterilization is 6 months from the birth of the second girl. Under this scheme, the government will deposit 50 thousand rupees in the bank account of the beneficiary.
Official information of the scheme
|Scheme Name||Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme|
|Launched by||Maharashtra State Government|
|Target||Empowering girls and women and making the sex ratio better in the state|
|Beneficiaries||Domicile of Maharashtra|
- The first condition for applying under this scheme is sterilization of parents of a girl child within a year or six months.
- Families with incomes less than 7.5 lakh rupees per annum are eligible for this scheme.
- Only domiciles of Maharashtra can apply under this scheme.
- If a family had three children apart from two girls then they are not eligible for this scheme.
- Aadhar card
- Domicile certificate
- Residential certificate
- Income certificate
- Passport Size photo of the girl
- Bank account of the girl or her mother
- Mobile number
‘माझी कन्या भाग्यश्री’ हि योजना सुरू करण्याचे उद्दिष्ट म्हणजे स्त्री भ्रूण हत्या थांबविणे.— Village Social Transformation Foundation (@MVSTForg) October 14, 2019
Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana
The main objective of launching this government scheme is to stop female feticide.
For More Info: https://t.co/Y3NxdaZaIw#MVSTF #CRC30@UNICEFIndia @UNICEF pic.twitter.com/m3LhWBuBkf
Objectives of the Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme
This scheme was launched by the Maharashtra government for the betterment of girls and to empower the entire feminine society. The main motive behind the start of this scheme was to stop the mortality of girl embryos in the state. The second reason was the betterment of the sex ratio in the state between boys and girls. Along with this encouraging families to accept girls equal as boys.
Provisions made under this scheme
- Under this scheme families with a maximum of two girl children will get 50,000 Rs as financial help from the state government.
- Money will be directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiary girl or her mother’s bank account.
- Beneficiaries cannot withdraw money until their girl is 18 years old but they can withdraw interest when their daughter is 6 years old or 12.
- The beneficiary girl has to pass 10th class for withdrawing the total amount after she turns 18.
Benefits of this scheme
- Under this scheme not only do girls have benefits but their mothers also have accidental insurance of 1 lakh rupees and 5 thousand rupees as an overdraft.
- If a family is applying under this scheme after their second daughter then both girls will get 25 thousand rupees each.
- The amount given by the state government under this scheme is for the education of the girls.
How to apply for Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme?
The way of applying under this scheme is a mix of both online and offline processes. Yes, you read it right mixture. Because first, you have to apply online then take a printout of this and go to your nearest office of women and child development.
- First, you have to go to the homepage of the official website.
- Then click on the download application form.
- After this enter, all the asked details in it.
- Attach all the required documents with it.
- After this go to the office of women and child development and submit the form.
This is the end of this article. Hope you liked it. If you liked it then share it and if you have got some suggestions for us then the comment box is open.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!