Gold Monetization Scheme is one of the best government-operated schemes to date. This scheme will bring back the gold into the main economy which is worthless in the lockers. This will ascend the throne of its predecessor scheme Swarna Jama yojana. This is a really appreciating step by the central government. So let’s take a brief look at it.
Gold Monetization Scheme 2023
This scheme is started for bringing back inactive gold into the mainstream of the economy. This will help in decreasing the import of gold. You can start this with a minimum of a 30-gram gold deposit in this scheme’s account. In exchange for it, the bank will give you the interest.
The rules for this gold deposit account are the same as a normal bank account. Under this scheme, there is no tax on the interest of gold. This gold monetization scheme was started in November 2015. Through this 20 thousand tons of inactive gold will be used for production activities.
Who can deposit its gold in the gold monetization scheme?
Every Indian citizen which is registered by mutual funds or exchange-traded funds can deposit its gold in this scheme’s account. The rules for this account are the same as a normal savings account.
Also read: What is a Share market?
Make your gold work for you!— Punjab National Bank (@pnbindia) August 18, 2021
Deposit your unused jewellery and other Gold assets in Gold Monetisation Scheme and EARN!
For more information, visit: https://t.co/oVbiS4t5Gs#GoldMonetisation pic.twitter.com/kRJaQHebJw
Scheme related some important facts
- This scheme was started by the prime minister in 2015.
- In this scheme anyone can deposit its gold may it be an individual person or a charitable institute or any government and public body or institutes even state and central governments can too.
- Interest on the gold is between 2.25% to 2.50% and after maturity, you can get it in the face of gold or currency.
- You can withdraw after 3 years from this scheme’s short-term account and after 5 years from a long-term account.
Must read: Know what is GDP?
Benefits of the Gold Monetization Scheme
- Through this scheme inactive gold in the locker turned into an earning asset for its owner and with this gold owner also avails the amount given for the locker’s use.
Know what Gold loan is?
- Gold Monetization Scheme will decrease the gold’s import in the country. Which has a very big hand in the fiscal deficit of India.
- Through this worthless inactive gold gains some worth and can be used for production activities.
This article ends here. If you liked then share it. And if you have some thoughts or suggestions in your mind then why are you waiting for go ahead and comment us.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!