Rashtriya Gokul Mission was started by the central government of India. This scheme is started for making better breeds out of the local cattles. Local cow’s breed’s quality is improving by the scientific method under this scheme. So that the milk-producing capabilities of local breeds can improve. If you want to about this in detail then you must read this article till the end.
Official information of the Rashtriya Gokul Mission
|Scheme Name||Rashtriya Gokul Mission|
|Starting date||25 July 2014|
|Operated by||Indian government|
|Aim||Encouraging cattle breeders to use more scientific methods |
in cattle breeding.
Rashtriya Gokul Mission what is it?
This scheme was started by the Indian government. Its announcement was made by the central agricultural minister Shri Radhamohan Singh Ji on 25th July 2014. This mission is started for making the local cattle breed more superior.
This encourages cattle breeders for using more scientific methods for cattle breeding. Also with that, this scheme proved its worth in protecting cows and increasing their productivity.
also read : farm bill 2020
Rashtriya Gokul Mission: A New Initiative under National Program for Bovine Breeding & Dairy Development of Rs.500 Crores.#RashtriyaGokulMission #4yearsofmodigovt #48MonthsofTransformingIndia #SaafNiyatSahiVikas pic.twitter.com/NEKd0TSbT1— Ashok Goel (@AshokGoelBJP) June 28, 2018
Aims of the Rashtriya Gokul Mission
- Increasing scientific methods for cattle breeding.
- Making local breeds better and conserving them.
- Equal spread and protection of the higher breed’s oxen.
- Making breeds of the local cow better by higher breeds like Gir, Sahiwal, Lalsindhi, Devni, Rathi, Tharparkar.
- Providing cattle breeders artificial pregnancy services for their cattles.
- Choosing high breed oxen by genomics.
Works that are done under Rashtriya Gokul Mission for achieving its targets
- Collective centers are made under this scheme which are called Gokul Grams.
- Providing help to germplasm conservation institutions.
- Making a breeder’s society or Gopalak Sangh.
- Provide training to all workers of the local cattle development program.
- Organize milk competitions for local breed cows regularly.
must read : Matsya Sampada Scheme
'Rashtriya Gokul Mission' : A programme to Conserve and Develop Indigenous Breeds of cattle pic.twitter.com/khLIDpbogN— DD News (@DDNewslive) March 7, 2016
Responsible agencies for running Rashtriya Gokul Mission
This scheme is run by the state cattle development board. Providing funds to it is the responsibility of the collective local cattle’s center. CCBF, Indian agricultural research council, cooperative societies, and gaushalas all are giving help in its smooth running.
Financial activities taking place under Rashtriya Gokul Mission
Financial activities that are taking place under Rashtriya Gokul Mission are here
- Increasing milk’s production
- Using organic fertilizer made of cow dung for agriculture and increasing its sale.
- Producing electricity by biogas or dung gas.
- Increasing the quality of all animal products.
must read : Pradhanmantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan scheme
Through all these activities Rashtriya Gokul Mission can be helpful in improving the financial condition of the cattle breeders.
This article ends here. If you liked it then share it. And if you have any thoughts and suggestions for us then you can just comment us.
Formal News has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on Centre and State Government Schemes that are of interest to you, your family and your Society. We believe in free, fair and credible information.
Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we remain committed to keeping you informed and updated.
However, We have a request:
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Your support in the form of Donations will be encouraging for us. Your donation can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. Your encouragement and constant feedback can help us to improve our offering. We need your financial support. You can support us through the Patreon Link:
Become a Patron!